Monday, October 22, 2012

Do I Dare to Dream a Different Dream?

     For as long as I can remember I've always wanted to teach.  I would make my younger brothers and sisters be part of my "classroom" and make worksheets for them.  If they didn't want to play then dolls and stuffed animals made up the student population.  I have been teaching science for 32 years.
     Today I took the first steps toward retirement.  Come June and I will put this chapter of my life away.  What I have depended on for finance and self-defining will be gone. Bittersweet memories flood my mind.  Who am I without my job telling me?
     I have no idea.
     The cancer has made me feel like I need to do something else, before I run out of time.  So time to dream.  I started making a bucket list and decided I didn't like the phrase "bucket list."  So I'm just going to call them dreams.  So I want to dream big and often.  Categories are important so I don't get bogged down in one area.
    So top dreams in travel for right now:

Spend the night in a Scottish castle, preferably haunted.
Tulloch Castle Hotel, Dingwall, Scotland

Visit the Biltmore Mansion






Go to Disney World in December for their Christmas celebration
Christmas Lights on Main Street USA are part of the Christmas at Disney World celebration


Tour Castles in Ireland, Scotland, England,  and all of Europe.


Rent a cabin in the mountains for a week.

Question of the Day:

What is your dream for a place to travel?

1 comment:

  1. I've done the castles thing in Europe...you will LOVE it!!! I've seen Biltmore, it's beautiful, especially at Christmas! Cabin in the mountains...peaceful, love it. I wish you the best of luck. If you need any travel advice, you know you can always ask me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete