Monday, November 5, 2012

I Hate Being Sick

I've been fighting a cold for several days.  It makes me fuzzy headed and tired, but especially intolerant of people who are inconsiderate or in my terms pig-headed.  

I loved the line in Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl  when she declared that she believed that people were basically good.  I do too and that everyone has the ability to learn.  But lately I seem to be seeing only stupidity and thoughtlessness of "well meaning" people.  Can't these people remember "Matthew 7:4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?"  Why can't they keep their opinions to themselves.

I also find it interesting to watch people's responses when they find out I have leukemia.  Most say they will pray for me.  I appreciate that the most because it is the most powerful thing anyone can do.  Some are just silent, unsure what to say.  Some are really concerned and ask for details and the worst is the people who just change the subject as soon as possible.  

Well enough of my venting.  I hope everyone is healthy and happy.


Question of the day:

If you were going to be remembered for what you say would you change the way you talk now?

No comments:

Post a Comment